Make a difference one animal at a time. Volunteer.
Volunteering is about commitment and caring. It's about helping animals and working together with others who share a common goal.
The BC SPCA Maple Ridge Branch is a proudly volunteer-operated BC SPCA location focused on helping animals in need find their forever homes. Volunteers are truly the heart of our branch, and we thank you for your interest in joining our amazing team of dedicated volunteers.
If you are a current BC SPCA volunteer and are wanting to join our team, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator after submitting your application to us.
To learn more about volunteering with the BC SPCA, please download and read the following volunteer resources:
Learn more about Animal Wellness.
We welcome you to apply online, and attend a volunteer information session and accompanying group interview! Information sessions are held about once a month for those who have applied. All prospective volunteers are required to attend an information session and complete the accompanying group interview.
Please note that all successful volunteers must pay a nominal orientation/uniform fee, be able to attend the required training workshops and, of course, come for their regular weekly shifts.
- At least 12 years old (those aged 16-18 will need parental consent to volunteer)
- Able to commit to a weekly 2-hour shift for a minimum commitment period of 6 months
- Able to attend all required training sessions, i.e. Buddy Training (the first shift) and the Small Animal Welfare Workshop (usually held on a Saturday)
- Able to attend all required training sessions if joining the cat and/or dog program
After reading through the documents and ensuring you meet the minimum requirements, please submit your application to us. You will receive information on the next steps and when the next information session is after applying.
For other local opportunities with the BC SPCA, we recommend checking with the Burnaby or Port Coquitlam branches.
Learn more about becoming a Foster Guardian.
- 19 years of age or older
- Home check (required before fostering any BC SPCA animal)
- Able to attend all required training sessions, i.e. animal welfare and gentle handling workshops
- Able to volunteer for at least 6 months from recruitment