This recipe serves four people and can be served with a tossed salad or roasted potatoes. (A frittata is an Italian style omelet that is served open faced.)
1 lb spinach leaves (about 2 bunches, cleaned and chopped coarsely)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, minced
9 large SPCA Certified eggs
1/2 cup SPCA Certified cheese (any variety, chopped or grated)
3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF
2. In a saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add chopped spinach, cover and cook over medium heat until wilted - about 2 minutes. Drain water and set spinach aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. In a non-stick, oven-proof skillet sauté onions over medium heat until translucent, (about 2 minutes). Add garlic and sauté one minute further. Add cooked spinach and stir all vegetables to combine.
5. Spread vegetable mixtures evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Pour eggs over mixture. Using a spatula, lift the spinach mixture along the sides of the pan to let the egg mixture flow underneath. Add sundried tomatoes and mix again gently.
6. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the egg mixtures. When mixture is about half set, put the whole pan in the oven. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes, until the frittata is puffy and golden. Let set a few minutes, cut into four wedges and serve.